You may think these pictures are from the Sonoran Desert in Arizona 🏜 or another far away place, but no, it is really from the most beautiful cactus garden of Mallorca.
Located near Ses Salines, Botanicactus is the perfect half-day getaway: bring your picnic and get lost between the hundreds of cactuses around you.
And of course, don’t forget to snap away
Opened in May 1989, Botanicactus is divided in 3 different zones:
- The Mallorquin garden (25 000 m2) in which you can find typical plants of the Mediterranean climate, a flower garden, the picnic spot and a kid’s park.
- The cactus zone, a 40 000 m2 desert with 8 000 different cactus species!
- The humid garden with tropical vegetation and a lake.
The most impressive zone is obviously the cactus desert. There are many different paths, so the best is to just wander and enjoy the moment.
As a cactus lover, strolling in there was my kind of paradise! It’s quite impressive to see cactuses that are twice your size. And what a joy to discover the flowers…
- Price: 10€ pp.
- Location: Carretera, 07640 Ses Salines, Illes Balears
- Opening hours: Monday to Sunday
January to February from 10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
March from 9:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
April to August from 9:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
September to October from 09:00 a.m. to 07:00 p.m.
November to December from 10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Be aware that in summer it gets very hot in the garden, so wear a hat and bring water! There are picnics tables so you are welcome to bring your own food – as long as you don’t leave anything behind you!
Let me know if you’ve been to the gorgeous cactus garden on Mallorca or if it’s on your list 🌵