We are entering the third week of lockdown in Mallorca. At the moment, we are supposed to get out on April 12nd, but let’s see how the situation evolves in the next couple of weeks.
Some photos of Palma empty streets during the lockdown, taken when I go to the shops:
This second week has been SO MUCH BETTER than the first one. For several reasons. Firstly, I’ve really decreased the time spent on social media. I tried my best to not check my phone before 12pm, and focus on other things in the mornings. Secondly, I’ve given myself tasks and goals for each day. Thirdly, I’ve made myself available for work and clients only between 1 and 6pm so I don’t have to be online all day long. So what do I do the rest of the time ??
- I’ve kept on doing workout bootcamp on our roof terrace every mornings with my flatmates: it’s really amazing to get some fresh air and exercise in first thing.
- Doing some over due cleaning tasks in the house (you know like cleaning the shower tile joints with a tooth-brush.. SO SATISFYING!) Who else is becoming a cleaning freak ?
- Cooking, of course. This week I’ve made: a veggie curry, a leek and cauliflower fondue, quinoa and brocolis balls, sweet potatoes fries; and crêpes. We’re taking turns to cook with my flatmates so I’ve also eaten a tofu and veggie stir fry, chocolate mousses, lime mousses, an apple and cinnamon cake…
- Writing blog posts, editing photos and drafting the new landing pages I need on my website.
- Taking the Forget Your FOPY (Fear Of Promoting Yourself) course by Pink Flamingo Marketing.
- Cleaning my computer storage, ordering photos and transferring them onto my hard-drive because I’m tired of the Cloud telling me it’s too full! Never enough space…
- Making a Monopoly, Palma de Mallorca edition. This is my flatmate amazing idea. It’s been our project for the past two weeks and are hoping to be done soon to be able to play! We are making everything by hand from cards to bills, and even the board. The tokens are a 2 cents coin with a piece of sea glass glued on top. I hope next week I can show you the final result! It’s been so fun. Work in progress… Edit: Palmapoly is now done and you can get all the details to make your own here: www.yellothere.com/palmapoly
- Watching The Handmaid’s Tale (you can watch it on HBO, there is a 2-weeks free trial). We’ve finished Season 2 and are loving it! We’ve also watched Self Made on Netflix.
- Reading! I’ve finished ‘Snowing in Bali: The Incredible Inside Account of Bali’s Hidden Drug’ by Kathryn Bonella. A very interesting book. And I’ve also read ‘The Secret Life of a Slummy Mummy’ by Fiona McNeill. Super fun and easy to read.
- Painting… I’m definitely not a good painter but having fun just doing some water colour paintings, and it made me able to decorate my bedroom a little bit more. I’ve also added travel memories and postcards to escape a little during the lockdown.
Small Accomplishments and Happy Moments
I’ve put on jeans for the first time in two weeks, and it still fits! Just the time to go to the shops but still… Quarantine Fashion on point! Thank God for pajamas.
Hearing everyone clapping every night at 8pm and seeing thank you messages around when going on the streets to go food shopping.
Kids finding new ways to communicate and play together: they’ve sending paper planes and balls from one building to the other (well most ending up in the streets ahah) and having so much fun doing so!
I hope you all add a good week! Remember that it’s okay to feel sad, to feel overwhelmed and to feel lazy! It’s good to have a routine, keep yourself busy and be productive but the most important thing is to keep sane! So if that means spending hours reading on the couch, then let it be!